Work with Urban Rec
😎What do EVENT HOSTS do?
Event Hosts’ are part coach, part referee, and are in charge of creating a positive and social atmosphere. You must be outgoing, social and energetic. You must know your sport’s rules really well, and feel confident in coaching and endorsing the rules. In most cases you need transport and the ability to carry a kit bag with gear. Most Event Hosts work casually, one night per week, per season (although some work more). Event Hosts are required to make a 10-15 week commitment to their selected leagues.
EVENT HOST Responsibilities
- Setting up equipment as needed
- Organizing teams and starting matches on time
- Making announcements about important information before the start of each game
- Coaching and refereeing the game
- Ensuring scores are recorded and submitted each night
- Build rapport with members and teams
- Be influential in league decisions, and creating a better experience
- One free night of league play for every night of event hosting (con-current season)
- Get paid to be fit, and meet new people
- Free official Urban Rec apparel and sponsor swag
- Priority registration for your team
- Free or reduced entry to most Urban Rec events
- Meet 1000's of fun, social, active people!
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the below form – it might help you decide if this role is for you!
- If you are already an Urban Rec member, chat to one of our staff at any of the league nights.